(Click on photo to enlarge)
Week 10 – Fitness Tests
Wednesday’s session Martin delivered the results of the 10 week programme; this included the weight loss, inch loss, fitness, blood pressure and strength. I was really impressed on how many inches I had lost all over, my blood pressure had come down, I was stronger and I had lost 10 pounds, which I was really pleased with, but I think I was shocked mostly on how much fitter I had become over the 10 weeks, my results showed I had ran faster on the treadmill and my heart rate was lower. The results were far better than I expected, it is amazing what you can achieve in just 10 weeks when doing the right type of exercise. This has been achieved with 2 personal training sessions a week, plus walking and riding my bike. I have achieved these results without it taking over my life. I know I have a long way to go to get to my end goal, but this has given me the drive and determination to carry on.
- Weight; Claire has loss 9lbs over 9weeks (the last fitness tests were taken at the start of the 10th week), so that’s a pound a week, which is the perfect weight loss per week. Lose too much weight to fast and it’s more likely that you will gain that weight back. Losing weight slowly also means you are less likely to lose muscle.
- Circumferences & Body Fat Percentage; Claire has lost cm’s from all the key areas around the body and her body fat is just under 4% body fat. This is fantastic, it shows that she is losing the right kind of weight, fat, not muscle! Claire is well on her way to moving out of the obese category.
- Blood pressure; Claire has gone from 158/108 (Hypertension grade 1 mild/Hypertension grade 2 moderate) to 139/97 High Normal/Hypertension Grade 1 mild). This is brilliant, she has fallen out of the Hypertension category with one of her readings and has dropped lower in the Hypertension categories in the other. High blood pressure puts extra strain on your heart and blood vessels. Over time, this extra strain increases your risk of a heart attack or stroke. It can also cause heart and kidney disease, and is closely linked to some forms of dementia. As Claire’s blood pressure lowers, she is lowering her chances of suffering with any of these problems.
- Cardiorespiratory; Claire ran the 1 mile treadmill test 40 seconds quicker and with her heart rate 13bpm (beats per minute) less. I’m especially pleased with her heart rate, she ran quicker with her heart working a lot more efficiently. Observing Claire running it was quite obvious that she was finding it a lot easier than last time.
- Muscular Endurance; Claire improved on all 3 strength tests. Improved strength will give Claire more stamina when she performs physical activities. Stronger muscles also counteract the side effects of weak muscles, which may cause instability and structural pain.
- Overall; Claire has done fantastically well over the 10 Weeks. She worked hard, was committed to the programme and her fitness results reflect this. I’m extremely happy for Claire, she got the results she deserved. I have seen such a positive transformation of Claire during the course of the programme.A MASSIVE WELL DONE CLAIRE!!